Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9th 2014  Lesson 84 

Review II

  • Intention:  To review two lesson ideas a day,

  • Practice: Two 15-minute sessions with eyes closed; one in the earlier part of the day, and the other in the latter part of the day.  In addition, frequent shorter (2-minute) applications of the ideas of the day.
  • Application: Long session -- Devote three or four minutes to reading the ideas for the day slowly, several times if you wish, then close your eyes and listen.  If you mind wanders, read the ideas again, but spend the major part of the time listening quietly but attentivelyThere is a message waiting for you.  Be confident that you will receive it.  Remember that it belongs to you, and that you want it.

    Remember hat your will has power over all distractions, fantasies and dreams.  Be determined each day to your practice, and use the shorter practice periods to reaffirm your determination. 

    The comments that follow the statement of the ideas for each day, are merely suggestions.  Use them as you see fit, or formulate your own.

  • Application:  Short sessions -- Repeat the ideas of the day with deep conviction, as frequently as possible.  And be particularly sure to apply the specific form to any problem that may arise.




(67) Love created me like itself.

Suggestions for specific forms for applying this idea are:
  • Let me not see an illusion of myself in this.
  • As I look on this, let me remember my creator
  • My Creator did not create this as I see it.

Insights/comments:

  • I am created in the likeness of God.  I cannot suffer, I cannot experience loss and I cannot die.  I am not a body.  I am Spirit.  I am free.  This is my reality as a Child of God and I will remember it throughout the day.
  •  I will not entertain any thoughts of attack on my perfection or on the perfection of the world as God created it; outside or which there is nothing.  I cannot fail to be the light of the world, for that is what God created me to be.  So let me remember that my function is to forgive, and that my happiness facilitates my function. 


(66) Love holds no grievances.

 Some specific forms for applying this idea include:
  • This is no justification for denying my Self.
  • I will not use this to attack love.
  • Let this not tempt me to attack myself.



Insights/comments:

  • Holding grievances is an attack on my Self.  Grievances are a heavy burden that diminishes my happiness and thus my ability to fulfill my function.  Forgiveness is the antidote to grievances; by letting them go my happiness increases and I can better fulfill my function as the light of the world.
  • I am a child of God, Who holds no grievances and knows only peace.  Let me be as I am created to be, free of any grievance and full of light, of peace, of Love.



I and my Creator are One.  *:)
 happy

No comments:

Post a Comment