Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 9th 2014  Lesson 35

My mind is part of God's.  I am very holy.

Today's idea does not describe the way you see yourself now.  It does however, describe what vision will show you.  It is difficult for anyone who thinks he is in this world to believe this of himself.  Yet the reason he thinks he is in this world is because he does not believe it.
  • Intention:  Three five-minute practice periods are required for today's exercises.  All applications should be done with your eyes closed.  It is your inner world to which today's exercises are aimed. 
      
  • Practice:  Begin by repeating today's idea to yourself, then close your eyes and search your mind of the various kinds of descriptive terms in which you see yourself.  Include all the ego-based attributes which you ascribe to yourself, positive or negative, desirable or undesirable, grandiose or debased.  All of them are equally unreal, because you do not look upon yourself through the eyes of holiness.  A suitable unselected list for applying the idea for today might be as follows:    
      
    I see myself as imposed on.
    I see myself as depressed
    I see myself as failing.
    I see myself as endangered.
    I see myself as victorious.
    I see myself as charitable.   
    I see myself as guilty.
    I see myself as charitable.
    I see myself as virtuous.   etc.
       

    You should not think of these terms in an abstract way.  They will occur to you as various situations, personalities and events in which you figure cross your mind.  Pick up any situation that occurs to you, identify the descriptive term or terms you feel are applicable to your reactions to that situation, and use them in applying today's idea.  After you have named each one, add:
          
    But my mind is part of God's. I am very holy.
       
  • Application:   During the longer exercise periods, there will probably be intervals in which nothing specific occurs to you.  Do not strain to think up specific things to fill the interval, but merely relax and repeat today's idea slowly until something occurs to you.  Although nothing that does occur should be omitted from the exercises, nothing should be "dugout" with effort.  Neither force nor discrimination should be used.
      
    As often as possible during the day, pick up a specific attribute or attributes you are ascribing to yourself at the time and apply today's idea to each of them, in the form stated above.  If nothing particular occurs to you, merely repeat today's idea to yourself, with closed eyes.

Insights/comments:
  • In dreams we think we are somewhere we are not, and believe that we are there because the environment validates this to us.  Yet the truth is that we are only laying in our bed imagining a dream world.  Our thinking makes the dream world seam real:  our eyes are closed yet we seem to "see."  Our senses perceive dream sensations and objects even though they have access only to what is in our bedroom.  The principle to be learned hear is that just because something is perceived as real does not make it so.  In our waking state, we also perceive and believe that what we see around us is real, but no one can prove that this waking world is any more "real" that our dream world. They both seem equally real to us when we are in them.
      
    The only thing real in a dream is the dreamer, the one creating the environment that validates their desire to be some place other than where they are.  The truth is that we are always with God, and can never not be with Him, for He created only what is real, all else is illusion.  So if we believe that we are somewhere other than with God, we are simply dreaming, however real our dreaming may seem to be.  Today's idea is a reminder to us that we are part of God's creation and so are very holy, safe, and loved.
I and my Creator are One.  *:)
 happy

No comments:

Post a Comment