Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17th 2014  Lesson 18

I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing.

Today's idea is another step in learning that the thoughts which give rise to what you see are never neutral or unimportant.  It also emphasizes the idea that minds are joined, which will be given increasing stress later on.  Today's idea emphasizes the quality of your perception as opposed to what you perceive.
  • Intention:  Three or four practice periods are recommended, according to your comfort level, with each lasting a minute or so.
       
  • Practice:  With eyes open, look about you, selecting subjects for the application of today's idea as randomly as possible, keeping your eyes on each one long enough to say:
      
    I am not alone in experiencing the effects of how I see _________.
      
    Conclude each practice period by repeating the more general statement:
             
    I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing.

  • Application:   As usual, make no distinctions in choosing the subject for application of today's idea.  Anything you look upon will do. 

Insights/comments:
  • The idea that today's thought points to is the unity of all God's children.  We share all thoughts, and so are constantly influencing each other by our perceptions.
       .
I and my Creator are One.  *:)
 happy

No comments:

Post a Comment