Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Feb  22nd 2016  Review II 

Lesson 87 
Review of Lessons 73 - 74 

  • Intention:  We are now ready for another review.  We will begin where our last review left off, and cover two ideas each day.  The earlier part of each day will be devoted to one of these ideas, and the latter part of the day to the other.  For each idea, we will have one longer exercise period, and frequent shorter ones in which we practice each of them.
  • Long Practice:  Spend a total of about fifteen minutes thinking about each each idea and  its associated comments.  Devote some three or four minutes to reading them over slowly, several times if you wish, then close your eyes and spend the rest of the time listening attentively.

    Repeat the first phase of the exercise (reading slowly) if you find your mind wandering, but try to spend the major part of the time listening quietly but attentively.  There is a message waiting for you.  Be confident that you will receive it.  Remember that it belongs to you, and that you want it.

    Do not allow your intent to waver in the face of distracting thoughts.  Realize that, whatever form such thoughts may take, they have no meaning and no power.  Replace them with your determination to succeed.  Do not forget that your will has power over all fantasies and dreams.  Trust it to see you through, and carry you beyond them all.

    Regard these practice periods as dedications to the way, the truth and the life.  Refuse to be sidetracked into detours, illusions and thoughts of death.  You are dedicated to salvation.  Be determined each day not to leave your function unfulfilled.
       
  • Short Practice:  Repeat the original form of the idea often, and apply it for general situations.  When appropriate, use the specific forms included in the comments which follow the statements of the ideas.  These, however, are merely suggestions.  It is not the particular words you use that matter.  
      

(73)  I will there be light.
I will use the power of my will today.  It is not my will to grope about in darkness, fearful of shadows and afraid of things unseen and unreal.  Light shall be my guide today.  I will follow it where it leads me, and I will look only on what it shows me. This day I will experience the peace of true perception.
   
These forms of this idea would be helpful for specific applications:
   
This cannot hide the light I will to see.
You stand with me in light [name].
In the light this will look different.


(74)  There is no will but God's.
I am safe today because there is no will but God's.  I can become afraid only when I believe there is another will.  I try to attack only when I am afraid, and only when I try to attack can I believe that my eternal safety is threatened.  Today I will recognize that all this has not occurred.  I am safe because there is no will but God's.
   
These are some useful forms of this idea for specific applications:
   
Let me perceive this in accordance with the Will of God.
It is God's Will you are His Son, [name], and mine as well.
This is part of God's Will for me, however I may see it.  
  

Insights/Comments:
  • My will and God's must be one for there can be no will other than God's.  His will created everything and everyone from itself and therefore is everything and everyone.  There is no other will because there is no other.  This is the understanding of oneness or unity All is one even though they appear to be different.  Gold, for example, remains gold regardless of its shape as a coin, ring, bracelet, chain, etc.  Certainly the form of a gold coin and a gold chain appear different, but it is also clear that they are made of the same material and are therefore essentially the same thing. 
        
    Let us use our common will today to remember the oneness we share with God.  Let it be our will to shine the light of truth on every situation and on everyone we encounter today, reminding ourselves of our oneness with each other and with God.  Let our will be to shine away all falsehoods in the form of pain and suffering, worry and fear, for these are not worthy of the the holy children of God.  We are the light we have been waiting for, so let our common light shine on each other and on the world.  Remember today that our will is strong because it is one with the all-might Will of God.

I and my Creator are One.  *:)
 happy

No comments:

Post a Comment